Dominican Republic Flag

Dominican Republic Flag

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

On the Seventh Day God Made... What?

Howdy all! 
Guess what? Someone´s 5 months Dominican! 

ANYWAYS...
So you are probably wondering why I named the email as I did... 
So we have these two sweet investigators named Jose and Pola, and they don´t know how to read, so it´s a little frustrating to teach them the Gospel because we can´t give them reading assignments and such. 
They never went to school or anything, so we have to teach them REALLY simply for them to understand anything. So when we taught them the creation Hermana Bates made them little figurines out of paper to help them remember what God made on each day. 
Jose and Pola had two friends over that day, and they don´t know how to read either. So we began and they seemed to understand pretty well, so we decided to test them. We held up the figurine and they told us what it was... And they did it all well! Day 1 was night and day, day 2 was water and firmament... Yaddi yaddi yadda. 
We get to day 7....
Me... ¨What did God make on the 7th day?¨
Investigators... ¨A pillow!¨
(sigh) I had to really hold back from laughing! 

Right after that lesson we were laughing about it... when we were passed by two guys on a motorcycle... one holding a toilet on his lap, and I nearly cried from laughing! 

Well, ANYWAYS... Enough of this silliness!

On Monday it was raining and everyone was calling to us into the streets to get us to come in... We accepted the invitation from a lady named Angli. We sat on her porch for a few minutes and talked about all her dogs and cats and then we shared a little about our purpose as missionaries. We were pleased to find out that she´s legally married, which is almost unheard of here outside of the church, just because it´s super expensive and a long process. We have a lesson with her tonight, so we are hoping she´s a promising investigator!

I don´t want to take up too much of your time, but I just want to let you guys know that I love you all and that I hope everything is good with you! I love the mission and I am so glad I came. I thank you all for your prayers in my behalf and you are always in mine! 




Sorry it's been so long... I'll be better at keeping posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment