Dominican Republic Flag

Dominican Republic Flag

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Bye Bye 2015!

Ok so it's still 2015 as of right now, but I have been reflecting upon the past year a lot recently. A year ago I was in Mao with my awesome trainer Hermana Gonzalez. I remember thinking that 2015 was going to be the longest year of my life because I wasn't going to be with my family. 

But I was wrong.

This year flew bye with every laugh, cry, plate of rice, rainy day,... and now we are starting 2016, the year I begin the new chapter in my life. 

The highlights of my year are all the days when I saw people I loved get baptized, like Jimmy and Ricardo Villanueva on April 25. They both now have the Aaronic Priesthood and are still faithfully going to church. Then we had Jose and Pola... I began teaching them when I had about 3 weeks in the mission field. We baptized them 8 months later on July 11, my last weekend in Mao.
Then Brittany was baptized on August 8 and Juana Vargas on November 28. I love these people and am honored to have had the privelege to see them enter into this sacred covenant with their Savior.

I have grown so much. I am not the same person I was a year ago. I am less afraid and more sure of myself. Not only can a speak Spanish, but I can also express the deepest feelings of my heart because I have obtained a stronger testimony of the things that I have learned since childhood.

I have met some of my closest friends as well on my mission. Many of them I might not see in the flesh while on this earth, but I will forever be grateful for their friendship and their examples.

Goodbye, 2015. You were good to me. Welcome 2016. I am ready to meet you.

Love you all and thanks for reading my messages!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Love,
Hermana Twiner

The other night I was writing in my journal and I heard, "Hermana Twiner!" and I looked up and nearly died when I saw this...

​It was my companion after being bored while eating a piece of bread.

This is the Turkey we ate on Christmas Eve... Don't the feet and the neck add a nice touch?



​Me getting my nails done... I swear that lady was trying to take my fingers off!!! They looked pretty though, but they HURT!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment