Dominican Republic Flag

Dominican Republic Flag

Monday, August 10, 2015

Transfers!!!!! (May 20)

So as many of you know, I´ve been in Mao for quite at time now. Mao was an awesome place to begin my mission, and the thought of leaving it was really sad. Yesterday we had our transfer meeting,  and I am pleased to say that... I am staying. 9 months out of 18 in my first area? Not bad!

Anyways...
We are planning another baptism in June! It´s Edward... He hadn´t been to church because of work, but now he has a new work that allows him to go to church. Pray that all goes well! 

I got sick this last weekend... We didn´t go out on Saturday, but the elders came by to give me a blessing and my spirits were instantly uplifted. Apparently I looked like a zombie because Elder Rodas was like ¨Whoa... Who are you and what did you do with Hermana Twiner?!¨ I was feeling better Sunday morning, but was SUPER tired, to the point of nearly falling down when I got up in the morning. So we had to stay home from church as well. Monday I was nearly 100% better. I still have a slight cough when I get out of breath or thirsty, but other than that, Hermana Twiner is back!

Before transfers I realized how much I love the people here, and how close I´ve gotten to some of them. The bishop said that he would pray that I would stay, as well as many investigators. It´s wonderful to have people to care for you... like when I was sick... Everyone was asking if there was anything to do to help... I just had a cold! I´ve never had so many people care so much. I love being here in Mao.

Well, I hope everything is well with everyone!
Con amor,
Hermana Twiner
¨The Mao Immortal¨

No comments:

Post a Comment